A third of all civil law cases in the country are related to family law. They include divorce, child custody, and support issues. Going through a divorce or fighting for custody of your child can be one of the most difficult times in your life. It can be an emotionally exhausting experience. Having an experienced family law attorney represent you during this time can take a lot of the burden off your shoulders. At Ramesh Sangha, we have over 40 years of experience in providing legal services in Ontario.
Our Family Law Services
Family law is a complex and emotionally charged area. It requires lawyers who are not only qualified and experienced, but also sensitive to the relevant issues and the impact on all the involved parties, especially children. We are always driven by the goal to help our clients address their issues. When it comes to divorce cases, you will benefit from our dedicated team of family law lawyers with in-depth knowledge of up-to-date laws in the areas of:
- Child custody
- Parenting-time issues
- Property and business valuations
Whenever and wherever possible, we will encourage an out-of-court settlement. From our vast experience, we have found that the most disputed cases can also be settled this way. You can also benefit from our experience and expertise when litigation becomes essential. Whether it is about litigating in the courts, private arbitration, or mediation, we can handle your case at all levels.
We are a full-service law firm in Brampton, ON and can draw upon the expertise and resources of our other practice areas as well. This allows us to address and mitigate all kinds of potential points of concern that may appear during your case, including:
- Pension, tax, and retirement funds
- Estate planning
- Real estate
- Business/corporate matters
- Tort litigation
Domestic Relation Issue Legal Services
We provide a comprehensive range of services and solutions for domestic related issues. This includes:
- Basic divorce matters including property division, alimony, and valuation of marital businesses.
- Custody disputes including child support, paternity, parenting time, relocation, and legal decision- making.
- Advice on dividing pensions, employee stock option plans, profit-sharing plans, and other deferred-compensation and defined-benefit plans.
- Jurisdictional disputes related to the removal of children between different jurisdictions, such as improperly taking a child out of Canada.
- Acting as arbitrators/mediators for parties that wish to settle out of court.
- Handling appeals on different family law matters.
We can also negotiate and draft prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
At Ramesh Sangha, we advocate for fair financial settlements for our clients. Our efforts are always focused on maintaining and enhancing parent and child relationships and upholding children’s rights. Founded in 1980, we help our clients develop their legal position on issues and points that matter the most. We will also outline the path for you to optimize your chances of achieving your goals in the shortest-possible time. If you want to discuss your case or concerns with us, feel free to contact us today at 905-456-9911. You may also write to us using this Online Form.